Just did a Podcast i-view for Brian @ Mobile Beyond on Skyfire and mobile cloud computing. FYI, Brian has some interesting content on his blog so definitely check it out.
Update (7/6/10): I recently spoke on a panel at the Soul Music Conference and there were some great takeaways.
1. Marketing your music is hard with digital distribution, there is a lot of noise on the internet so focus on hyper-niche. For example, focus on not the broader demographic but the small audience that is East Oakland, mid-40s and into country jazz and so forth. Create a hyper-niche and focus on that audience and then expand (ie concentric marketing).
3. Leverage Bandcamp to create your artist or band homepage. It is a lot more elegant than Myspace and offers many cool tools to manage music, photos and so forth.
4. Lastly, Web 2.0 marketing is all about conversations – great takeaway. It’s no longer blasting consumers with information but having conversations with users who share similar passions. The example was another panelist who was passionate about Smurfs. He joined all the Smurf blogs and would actively discuss Smurfs – this passionate conversation meant all of those users also knew he was an artist and were willing to try his music – awesome!
Follow This Blog Via Email
- SXSW 2016: Messaging Bots
- Reflecting on the Productivity Category
- Tech Discrimination
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?
- Lessons Learned in Monetization
- Understanding the Emerging Market
- OEMs, Please Choose
- Understanding PDE (Positional Determining Entity)
- Has the Power Shifted Back to Operators?
- Is the Killer App the App Store?
- Navigating the Mobile Content Landscape
- Wholesale Application Community
- Sharing Overload?
- The Ad Ballot
- Device Patent Wars
- Is Apple Making a Mobile Wallet Play?
- Top 6 Reasons Why Nokia Doesn’t Have a Capacitive Touch Screen
- Mobile Trends 2020
- Mobile Taking a Cue From the Travel Industry
- CTIA Party Analysis
- Measuring AT&Ts Network
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Mobile Beyond & NARIP
- Mobile 2.0 Advertising Notes
- Carnival of the Mobilists #193
- The Broken Subscription Model
- The Mobile Reserve
- The Fragmented Web
- Got to Love the Music Industry
- What Platforms Should I Build For?
- To Operator or to Not to Operator
- What Do Bankers Do?
- My Older Posts