I recently posted this on my Facebook and it triggered quite a bit of discussion. I was borderline surprised to see at least 1 commenter write that they would intentionally bump PCs they saw at coffee shops – probably a bit extreme but certainly acknowledges the reality of tech. Whether it be your choice of laptop, […]
I gave a talk at the wonderful Grow conference hosted by Debbie Landa in 2013. I didn’t realize the video was posted online and I recently had some inbounds regarding some of the things I discussed. I thought I’d cross-post the video here, let me know if you have any Qs! The Tempo customer […]
My most recent post on LinkedIn cross-posted here.
The Internet of Things (IOT) is everywhere. It was the only news at CES and it’s presently at the top of the hype curve with press attention on Apple’s new secret car,Homekit becoming available with iOS 8.1.3 and the
I’ve decided to start blogging on LinkedIn and cross-posting here. My most recent post on productivity and data science.
Email, calendar and productivity were vastly different in the 90s. Phone calls were still the norm and the “You’ve Got Mail” ringtone was a delight versus a chore. Fast-forward to today: we are in information overload. I […]
I’ve been heads-down with Tempo AI and so I haven’t been able to write too much. There is clearly a lot of fever about Google Glass. Everyone I know wants to try it and with KP, Google Ventures and A16Z starting a Google Glass Venture Fund and with some other buddies starting […]
Yes, I know I haven’t blogged in a while, I’ve been heads-down at the office but I did want to write a few notes from my panel 2 weeks ago at the Open Mobile Summit (with Holger Luedorf of FourSquare, Mark Johnson of Zite and Sharon Wienbar of Scale Venture Partners) […]
Over the past month with Tempo AI (formerly called Fifo Labs), we’ve been trying to recruit a full-time UX person. As much as I hear the difficulty of recruiting awesome technical talent, our challenge has been recruiting the right user experience (UX) team member. For most, the UX role has become so lucrative, […]
Disclaimer: I’m not preaching below, just an observation – I’m living through this and hoping to learn from others!
Over the past month, as a mentor at 500 Startups and while attending AppNation Enterprise, I’ve met a number of startups focused on enterprise mobility targeting the “prosumer.” A pretty consistent theme among these […]
Apologies for the lack of posts, I’ve been heads down incubating at SRI.
Last week, on almost an 18-month basis, it was time to send in my HP laptop into warranty. I’m not sure why I continue to buy AMD based laptops considering they are plagued with over-heating issues (and I’m sure my over-use lifestyle […]
Follow This Blog Via Email
- Tech Discrimination
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?
- Lessons Learned in Monetization
- Understanding the Emerging Market
- OEMs, Please Choose
- Understanding PDE (Positional Determining Entity)
- Has the Power Shifted Back to Operators?
- Is the Killer App the App Store?
- Navigating the Mobile Content Landscape
- Wholesale Application Community
- Sharing Overload?
- The Ad Ballot
- Device Patent Wars
- Is Apple Making a Mobile Wallet Play?
- Top 6 Reasons Why Nokia Doesn’t Have a Capacitive Touch Screen
- Mobile Trends 2020
- Mobile Taking a Cue From the Travel Industry
- CTIA Party Analysis
- Measuring AT&Ts Network
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Mobile Beyond & NARIP
- Mobile 2.0 Advertising Notes
- Carnival of the Mobilists #193
- The Broken Subscription Model
- The Mobile Reserve
- The Fragmented Web
- Got to Love the Music Industry
- What Platforms Should I Build For?
- To Operator or to Not to Operator
- What Do Bankers Do?
- My Older Posts