My most recent post on LinkedIn cross-posted here.
The Internet of Things (IOT) is everywhere. It was the only news at CES and it’s presently at the top of the hype curve with press attention on Apple’s new secret car,Homekit becoming available with iOS 8.1.3 and the
As part of YumYum Labs, earlier this summer, we built Recipe Search (top 10 app in the Android Health category). Yesterday, I shared on a panel at AppNation, some of our ad learnings that I thought would be useful to you:
– We did a quick and dirty test to see if […]
[Below was part of a post I had written for VisionMobile, a great group of awesome mobile analysts!]
Many point to Apple’s 2000M+ cached credit cards as being their most valuable asset. Why is it valuable, you may ask? Well, cached credit cards means one-click purchasing which is fantastic for all sorts of […]
Earlier this week, I moderated the Apps vs Web Apps event at MobileMonday. In addition to being a topic that is quite dear to me (with my prior browsing experience), we had a fantastic turn-out with over 800+ registrations and maybe 400+ folks at the event!
In any case, we touched on a variety […]
I recently moderated the “Go to Market” panel at Mobile 2.0 last week. I took the path of pretending to be a developer and asking my panelists what I should do.
I started by asking the panel what platform should I build for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I was expecting a very rationale answer […]
Two weeks ago in London, I presented at Over the Air on Emerging Market Opps. I thought I’d highlight a couple of the case studies here and embed the presentation (that I hastily put together on the plane :)
SMS GupShup – I was amazed to learn that this social network of only […]
When speaking with the larger social gaming companies and asking why mobile hasn’t been a focus (to date), the response is interesting and a validation of how fragmented the mobile device and platform landscape is. Typically, the answer is something along the lines of “…we launch an average Facebook game and we make $3M per […]
Given my previous 2.5+ years working in the browser space with Skyfire, a lot of folks ask me two questions:
1. Is Flash going away (on its own or because of HTML5)?
2. Do web plugins go away with HTML5?
I wanted to quickly answer both of these. First, Flash is definitely not […]
Before jumping into the summary, quick plug, I did a guest post last week for Venturebeat on “How Can Phone Makers Differnetiate in Mobile 2.0 World” – let me know your feedback.
I recently gave a talk on some emerging market trends and themes and I figured it’d be good to share them here. With all the focus on 3G data caps and smartphone penetration, we still forget that regions like Brazil (beyond emerging market) still only have 4% data penetration and some parts of Africa (eg […]
Follow This Blog Via Email
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?