Earlier this week, I moderated the Apps vs Web Apps event at MobileMonday. In addition to being a topic that is quite dear to me (with my prior browsing experience), we had a fantastic turn-out with over 800+ registrations and maybe 400+ folks at the event!
In any case, we touched on a variety […]
I recently moderated the “Go to Market” panel at Mobile 2.0 last week. I took the path of pretending to be a developer and asking my panelists what I should do.
I started by asking the panel what platform should I build for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I was expecting a very rationale answer […]
When speaking with the larger social gaming companies and asking why mobile hasn’t been a focus (to date), the response is interesting and a validation of how fragmented the mobile device and platform landscape is. Typically, the answer is something along the lines of “…we launch an average Facebook game and we make $3M per […]
Before jumping into the summary, quick plug, I did a guest post last week for Venturebeat on “How Can Phone Makers Differnetiate in Mobile 2.0 World” – let me know your feedback.
In 2000, I was (for fun) building WAP pages for simple casual games. By design, casual games tended to be 3 minute games since the thought was that the mobile device was an on-the-go experience and thus users would play games while standing in line or waiting at the dentist’s office whereas today the majority […]
FYI – Re-posting this since my server had crashed and this was between a backup.
At a recent dinner with a number of friends from the mobile gaming industry, I validated that iPhone was the #1 platform in terms of revenue but what’s interesting is what the rest of the platform stack […]
At CTIA last week, I helped lead a session on “Making Money” at WIP JAM run by my friend, the mobile machine, Caroline Lewko. Anyways, a couple interesting notes came out of our discussion that I want to share – the question is whether I partner with an operator to distribute my application?
Follow This Blog Via Email
- Tech Discrimination
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?
- Lessons Learned in Monetization
- Understanding the Emerging Market
- OEMs, Please Choose
- Understanding PDE (Positional Determining Entity)
- Has the Power Shifted Back to Operators?
- Is the Killer App the App Store?
- Navigating the Mobile Content Landscape
- Wholesale Application Community
- Sharing Overload?
- The Ad Ballot
- Device Patent Wars
- Is Apple Making a Mobile Wallet Play?
- Top 6 Reasons Why Nokia Doesn’t Have a Capacitive Touch Screen
- Mobile Trends 2020
- Mobile Taking a Cue From the Travel Industry
- CTIA Party Analysis
- Measuring AT&Ts Network
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Mobile Beyond & NARIP
- Mobile 2.0 Advertising Notes
- Carnival of the Mobilists #193
- The Broken Subscription Model
- The Mobile Reserve
- The Fragmented Web
- Got to Love the Music Industry
- What Platforms Should I Build For?
- To Operator or to Not to Operator
- What Do Bankers Do?
- My Older Posts