Two weeks ago in London, I presented at Over the Air on Emerging Market Opps. I thought I’d highlight a couple of the case studies here and embed the presentation (that I hastily put together on the plane :)
SMS GupShup – I was amazed to learn that this social network of only […]
When speaking with the larger social gaming companies and asking why mobile hasn’t been a focus (to date), the response is interesting and a validation of how fragmented the mobile device and platform landscape is. Typically, the answer is something along the lines of “…we launch an average Facebook game and we make $3M per […]
Given my previous 2.5+ years working in the browser space with Skyfire, a lot of folks ask me two questions:
1. Is Flash going away (on its own or because of HTML5)?
2. Do web plugins go away with HTML5?
I wanted to quickly answer both of these. First, Flash is definitely not […]
Before jumping into the summary, quick plug, I did a guest post last week for Venturebeat on “How Can Phone Makers Differnetiate in Mobile 2.0 World” – let me know your feedback.
I recently gave a talk on some emerging market trends and themes and I figured it’d be good to share them here. With all the focus on 3G data caps and smartphone penetration, we still forget that regions like Brazil (beyond emerging market) still only have 4% data penetration and some parts of Africa (eg […]
Probably not apparent to all folks but a fundamental reason that in-application advertising performs so much better than mobile web advertising, is because there is a very clear path to an ecommerce transaction. Most in-app ads lead back to the iPhone app store from which another app could be purchased meaning it’s truly performance-based since […]
So I was fortunate enough to participate in Rudy De Waele’s mobile 2020 predictions collaborative. Thanks Rudy for assembling a great group of mobile visionaries, thought leaders and entrepreneurs. Check it out below:
Happy NYE everyone!
Not sure if this is interesting or not but I was able to pull this together pretty quickly. I looked at my CTIA schedules for the past few years and graphed some data around the parties that I was invited to – I was curious to see if there were any trend […]
Follow This Blog Via Email
- Tech Discrimination
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?
- Lessons Learned in Monetization
- Understanding the Emerging Market
- OEMs, Please Choose
- Understanding PDE (Positional Determining Entity)
- Has the Power Shifted Back to Operators?
- Is the Killer App the App Store?
- Navigating the Mobile Content Landscape
- Wholesale Application Community
- Sharing Overload?
- The Ad Ballot
- Device Patent Wars
- Is Apple Making a Mobile Wallet Play?
- Top 6 Reasons Why Nokia Doesn’t Have a Capacitive Touch Screen
- Mobile Trends 2020
- Mobile Taking a Cue From the Travel Industry
- CTIA Party Analysis
- Measuring AT&Ts Network
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Mobile Beyond & NARIP
- Mobile 2.0 Advertising Notes
- Carnival of the Mobilists #193
- The Broken Subscription Model
- The Mobile Reserve
- The Fragmented Web
- Got to Love the Music Industry
- What Platforms Should I Build For?
- To Operator or to Not to Operator
- What Do Bankers Do?
- My Older Posts