In the past 6 months, I’ve seen more and more infrastructure companies focused on network data optimization (and why shouldn’t they be with video consumption continuing to explode and now representing 40% of all data load). On the other hand, from an operator perspective, the introduction of data caps in creates the downside protection they [...]
Two weeks ago in London, I presented at Over the Air on Emerging Market Opps. I thought I’d highlight a couple of the case studies here and embed the presentation (that I hastily put together on the plane :)
SMS GupShup – I was amazed to learn that this social network of only [...]
In the past 2 years, the industry has finally moved beyond LBS as a category to LBS as a feature. As stated previously, “What app wouldn’t be more useful with location?”! What’s misunderstood in all of this is how location is retrieved by the app and what this means.
E911 (government mandated subscriber location lookup) [...]
I’ve been meaning to this post for a while – it’s inspried by a similar analysis of Vodafone coverage in Germany via WirelessMoves. Note, I’m definitely not an expert when it comes to carrier infrastructure especially since I’ve spent my whole career on the software side of the mobile biz :)
Anyways, I recently [...]
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?