As part of YumYum Labs, earlier this summer, we built Recipe Search (top 10 app in the Android Health category). Yesterday, I shared on a panel at AppNation, some of our ad learnings that I thought would be useful to you:
– We did a quick and dirty test to see if […]
[Below was part of a post I had written for VisionMobile, a great group of awesome mobile analysts!]
Many point to Apple’s 2000M+ cached credit cards as being their most valuable asset. Why is it valuable, you may ask? Well, cached credit cards means one-click purchasing which is fantastic for all sorts of […]
Two weeks ago in London, I presented at Over the Air on Emerging Market Opps. I thought I’d highlight a couple of the case studies here and embed the presentation (that I hastily put together on the plane :)
SMS GupShup – I was amazed to learn that this social network of only […]
When speaking with the larger social gaming companies and asking why mobile hasn’t been a focus (to date), the response is interesting and a validation of how fragmented the mobile device and platform landscape is. Typically, the answer is something along the lines of “…we launch an average Facebook game and we make $3M per […]
Before jumping into the summary, quick plug, I did a guest post last week for Venturebeat on “How Can Phone Makers Differnetiate in Mobile 2.0 World” – let me know your feedback.
I recently gave a talk on some emerging market trends and themes and I figured it’d be good to share them here. With all the focus on 3G data caps and smartphone penetration, we still forget that regions like Brazil (beyond emerging market) still only have 4% data penetration and some parts of Africa (eg […]
In 2000, I was (for fun) building WAP pages for simple casual games. By design, casual games tended to be 3 minute games since the thought was that the mobile device was an on-the-go experience and thus users would play games while standing in line or waiting at the dentist’s office whereas today the majority […]
Probably not apparent to all folks but a fundamental reason that in-application advertising performs so much better than mobile web advertising, is because there is a very clear path to an ecommerce transaction. Most in-app ads lead back to the iPhone app store from which another app could be purchased meaning it’s truly performance-based since […]
Just finished a week at CES – I’m exhausted! On Wed, I attended the ATT Developer Event. One of the first announcements of the day besides BREW which I found amusing was that ATT was now working with Orange and America Movil. The specifics were not clear but basically if you submit an app in […]
Yes, I’m way late with this post. I recently moderated a panel on mobile advertising at the wonderful Mobile 2.0 conference – some interesting tidbits:
Where should I focus my mobile ad spend?
As expected, the panel answered “…test, test, test…”. With all the different combinations of ad networks and ad units etc, […]
Follow This Blog Via Email
- SXSW 2016: Messaging Bots
- Reflecting on the Productivity Category
- Tech Discrimination
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?
- Lessons Learned in Monetization
- Understanding the Emerging Market
- OEMs, Please Choose
- Understanding PDE (Positional Determining Entity)
- Has the Power Shifted Back to Operators?
- Is the Killer App the App Store?
- Navigating the Mobile Content Landscape
- Wholesale Application Community
- Sharing Overload?
- The Ad Ballot
- Device Patent Wars
- Is Apple Making a Mobile Wallet Play?
- Top 6 Reasons Why Nokia Doesn’t Have a Capacitive Touch Screen
- Mobile Trends 2020
- Mobile Taking a Cue From the Travel Industry
- CTIA Party Analysis
- Measuring AT&Ts Network
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Mobile Beyond & NARIP
- Mobile 2.0 Advertising Notes
- Carnival of the Mobilists #193
- The Broken Subscription Model
- The Mobile Reserve
- The Fragmented Web
- Got to Love the Music Industry
- What Platforms Should I Build For?
- To Operator or to Not to Operator
- What Do Bankers Do?
- My Older Posts