Disclaimer: I’m not preaching below, just an observation – I’m living through this and hoping to learn from others!
Over the past month, as a mentor at 500 Startups and while attending AppNation Enterprise, I’ve met a number of startups focused on enterprise mobility targeting the “prosumer.” A pretty consistent theme among these […]
Apologies for the lack of posts, I’ve been heads down incubating at SRI.
Last week, on almost an 18-month basis, it was time to send in my HP laptop into warranty. I’m not sure why I continue to buy AMD based laptops considering they are plagued with over-heating issues (and I’m sure my over-use lifestyle […]
This post was written as part of Samsung’s Mobile May. Please do check-out all the other guest bloggers at the Samsung Developer site.
2010 was certainly the break-out year for Android. Apps for Android grew from an impressive 30K to an even more impressive 250K. Android devices have even surpassed iOS and are on […]
As part of YumYum Labs, earlier this summer, we built Recipe Search (top 10 app in the Android Health category). Yesterday, I shared on a panel at AppNation, some of our ad learnings that I thought would be useful to you:
– We did a quick and dirty test to see if […]
[Below was part of a post I had written for VisionMobile, a great group of awesome mobile analysts!]
Many point to Apple’s 2000M+ cached credit cards as being their most valuable asset. Why is it valuable, you may ask? Well, cached credit cards means one-click purchasing which is fantastic for all sorts of […]
I recently gave a talk at CTIA on mobile enterprise – it was great to see the enthusiasm in the audience but also the fear that was mostly unwarranted based on horror stories of deploying and integrating with the enterprise. Mobile enterprise by definition is broad and includes everything from internal apps for employees (eg […]
In the past 6 months, I’ve seen more and more infrastructure companies focused on network data optimization (and why shouldn’t they be with video consumption continuing to explode and now representing 40% of all data load). On the other hand, from an operator perspective, the introduction of data caps in creates the downside protection they […]
First, sorry for the slow past 2 months, I’ve been heads-down working on some new mobile enterprise stuff as an EIR at SRI. If you want to trade some notes on enterprise, feel free to give me a ping.
Second, I had recently moderated a WCA panel on in-door mapping. Fascinating discussion from all […]
Yesterday, after much delay, I finally watched The Social Network and it was fantastic. The level of focus exuded by Mark and his team demonstrated probably the single most important attribute to a company’s success: focus and drive. Ironically, it’s Facebook and other social media services that is driving the Attention Deficit Economy. Whereas the […]
Back in May, I was inspired by BJ Fogg’s book Mobile Persuasion which described the phone as being used for 3 distinct purposes: entertainment, utility and behavior change (FYI, I don’t actually recall if it was exactly entertainment and utility (or communication) but I want to focus on the third one). In any case, […]
Follow This Blog Via Email
- SXSW 2016: Messaging Bots
- Reflecting on the Productivity Category
- Tech Discrimination
- Daily Active Users Don’t Matter!
- IOT: The Competition for Attention
- How Google and Others Are Using Data Science to Speed Up Productivity
- Why I’m Excited About Google Glass?
- Context Is a Layer and Not a Category
- Sales 2.0: The Bottoms-Up Sales Model
- Is UX Going to be Commoditized Next?
- To Win Enterprise, Target the Consumer
- Using a Chromebook for a Week
- Android (and the Tab!) in the Enterprise
- Ad Learnings from Recipe Search
- CPA Advertising on Mobile
- Enterprise Mobile Is Hot!
- Network Responsibility
- In-Door Mapping
- The Social Network
- Using a Mobile Phone to Drive Behavior Change
- Apps vs. Web Apps
- Understanding Developer Psychology
- Are Batteries Improving?
- Over the Air and Emerging Markets
- Are Platform Game Lobbies the Next Social Graph?
- Are Plugins (and Flash) Going Away?
- Lessons Learned in Monetization
- Understanding the Emerging Market
- OEMs, Please Choose
- Understanding PDE (Positional Determining Entity)
- Has the Power Shifted Back to Operators?
- Is the Killer App the App Store?
- Navigating the Mobile Content Landscape
- Wholesale Application Community
- Sharing Overload?
- The Ad Ballot
- Device Patent Wars
- Is Apple Making a Mobile Wallet Play?
- Top 6 Reasons Why Nokia Doesn’t Have a Capacitive Touch Screen
- Mobile Trends 2020
- Mobile Taking a Cue From the Travel Industry
- CTIA Party Analysis
- Measuring AT&Ts Network
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Mobile Beyond & NARIP
- Mobile 2.0 Advertising Notes
- Carnival of the Mobilists #193
- The Broken Subscription Model
- The Mobile Reserve
- The Fragmented Web
- Got to Love the Music Industry
- What Platforms Should I Build For?
- To Operator or to Not to Operator
- What Do Bankers Do?
- My Older Posts